Monday, May 2, 2016

Shadow Kiss review

This is the only book I have been able to read this past week. The school system of Germany is a bit different than the school system of America. We don't have something that's called finals. In fact our "finals" are written very frequently. In most classes like English or German for example ,we have to write an average of four exams in a school year. And now imagine that on every single class I have...and they are hard. Today I wrote a politics exam and I wrote 9 pages.....let's hope that that turned out ok... enjoy...



The "Shadow Kiss  by Richelle Mead " book review (Vampire Academy#3)





Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa - the last Dragomir princess - must always come first. Unfortunately, when it comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are meant to be broken...Then a strange darkness begins to grow in Rose's mind, and ghostly shadows warn of a terrible evil drawing nearer to the Academy's iron gates. The immortal undead are closing in, and they want vengeance for the lives Rose has stolen. In a heart-stopping battle to rival her worst nightmares, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most... but will her choice mean that only one can survive? 

.............................................................................................................................................................................

In my recent review of the second book Frostbite I wrote about how the second book wasn't really "enjoyable". I didn't really have a connection with the book like I wanted to have. But I normally experience this with second books in a book series with more than two or three books...let's call it "Duologydoom". That doesn't make any sense, but who cares. So I didn't want to read this book at first because I was scared that I did not like this book as much as I wanted to like it. But then I finally got myself up, went to my bookshelf, picked up the book and started reading. It took about a week to read it. I normally don't take that long, but with school and everything else I only could read before I went to sleep. I liked this book so much more than Frostbite. The covers still suck (see what I did there...vampires-suck ?! :) ..ok that was way more funnier in my head ) But the story line was great. In the last two books the story was about Lissa, a Moroi princess that goes to school at the vampire academy. She has special abilities, so she can heal things and she can use compulsion.Technically every Moroi can do that, but she can do it better than the others. Rose is her guardian and goes to school with her. In a tragic accident with Lissa, Lissa's parents, her brother and Rose herself die. Lissa manages to  heal Rose, so she comes back from the dead. Now they have a special bond, that allows Rose to feel the emotions that Lissa is feeling and occasionly she "is" Lissa. So she gets to be Lissa and see everything that she is doing. In this book , the story involves Rose more, which I like. At the moment the students at the St. Vladimirs Academy have a training session. The Dhampires have to keep an eye 24/7 on a selected Moroi. This is an "exercise" so the Dhampires will know how it will be to be a guardian. After they graduate most of them will become one. So everything is ok..there's a little mistake with the selection of the person Rose has to take care of and she has to learn to protect somebody who is not Lissa but she manages that well. But then she starts to see things. And you as a reader are like totally torn between thinking if she's totally nuts or if something is up. Then Victor Drashkow has his trial because he's a complete douche and he is totally out of his mind. If you don't already know: Victor is the uncle of Lissa and he was really ill, so he tried to use Lissa as his healing machine. In that process you get to meet Adrian more who is the nephew of the queen, and you feel bad for him because he has feelings for Rose and she doesn't love him back. You also get to see the queen again, she's still a b****. So that happens...but you know what's really exciting? Things finally heat up between Rose and Dimitri...finally. I have been waiting for ages for something to happen. But then when you think everything will turn out happy, things get out of hand. ***spoiler At first you think Dimitri is dead and I was almost crying, but then he is not dead, but he' s also not alive...he's a Strigoi..dam dam dam***********
Rose has to make a major decision and I was really proud of her. She picks her needs over the needs of the Moroi, for the first time in her life and I think she deserves to think so. This book is great and you also get to say good-bye to Mason for real this time, he gets the good-bye he deserves. The book ends in such a cliff hanger and I'm so pumped to read the next one.
 3.5 out of 5 cupcakes
This is the review for today I hope you enjoyed it ...see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment