Thursday, August 25, 2016

Delirium

Last review for today and probably for a few weeks. I'm moving tomorrow, out of the country actually and where I'm moving school starts on monday , so I first have to settle down before I'm able to review anything. I hope you can understand that :)


The "Delirium by Lauren Oliver" book review

They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believed them. Until now.
Now everything has changed. Now I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie..........................................................................................................................
I actually heard so much about Lauren Oliver. Yet I have never read one of ther novels. But then I came across this book and just by reading the back of the book I wanted to eat and drink the content of this book. This storyline is amazing, out of this world, this is so sick I can't even.....Sorry but I think that Lauren is a real genius, who comes up with these ideas?
Ok, so Lena, short for Magdalena lives with her aunt and her uncle and their children. Her father was taken away when she was very little and her mother killed herself. Because of the disease. The disease is amor deliria nervosa and that means that love is an actual disease. If you fall in love with anyone, you are infected. When you turn eighteen you get a procedure done that makes you immune, I guess the part of the brain that controls emotions will be cut out. After that you don't love, you just live this life without emotions. Before you get this procedure done you get tested. And your test results will decide what kind of life you will live. You will be married to someone who has about the same results as you have and who has the same interests. You then have children....etc.. Of course there are the people who don't want to do this procedure. They are the Invalids. They live out in the wild and they normally organise protests against the procedure. Lena doesn't want to end like her mother, so she is very eager to get healed. But then she meets Alex. He is an Invalid and he shows her what she will be missing out on if she has this "operation". They fall in love and they even plan on running away together, but then something goes horribly wrong.......
I'm not going to say too much, but the ending is horrible, it's not badly written or anything, it just really killed me. And like always in a trilogy it's a cliffhanger. Why???? I'm so eager to read the next two books. Like I said the storyline is just absolutely, magnificent. And at every beginning of every chapter there is this quote from books that describe what amor deliria nervosa is, what the symtoms are or all the damage it can cause. I also liked the way Lena developed as the story continued. At first she was this shy girl, that was self-conscious and that wanted nothing to do with love, but she transformed into this girl that wants more of life , that finds herself beautiful and that thinks that love can destroy but it can also be so wonderful. I highly recommend this book to you. It was such a good read and I'm so excited to see how the story continues.

4.5 out of 5 cupcakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment