Sunday, March 20, 2016

Broken Juliet review

As you may or may not know: I have recently read "Bad Romeo" a book by Leisa Rayven. So I managed to read the second book which is called Broken Juliet.

The "Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven "book review


How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. 
...................................................................................................................................................................

The book starts where the first one ended, which I find quite good because I don't like it when the second book of a series starts like 5 years later. That totally confuses and mind-effs me as a reader, so I'm pretty thankful to Leisa Rayven, that she didn't do that. I liked the first book and I started reading this book with really high expectations.....What can I say : I was kind of disappointed. Not to give away any spoilers but in the first book the main character Ethan was pretty depressive and he had a lot of problems with self-confidence that he seriously needed to deal with. But in this book Cassie and Ethan magically seemed to have switched roles. So now Cassie is the broken one and Ethan is the one that tries to build her up. Also I did not like that Ethan says all these cheesy romantic "you're the only one that I love"-lines. I mean come on.  The first few times I liked it and I kind of wanted him to be my boyfriend.... but then........dam dam dam..... it was just too much. I guess there's a reason he's called Romeo....
Jk, although I didn't like this book as much as I would have liked it , it was still a nice and quick read on a Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee/tea in your hands.....2.5 out of 5 cupcakes



No comments:

Post a Comment