Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Kiss of Deception review

Hello my lovelies! This will be the only review for today. This isn't the only book I've read this week. :) If you have read my recent blogposts about the books I have read or the books I'm going to read ,you might have noticed that I'm reading the Mortal Instruments....again. I don't know why I'm doing this...I mean clearly I will have the worst bookhangover when I'm finished with it and I have read it a few times by now, so I kind of know that it won't be funny. But I have recently purchased them, so I finally have them sitting on my bookshelf. Yes...shocker I didn't own the books. ;) but now I do! Btw, I will maybe do a review of  TMI but of the whole series. Ok this intro is far too long by now....so let's just start with the review ....enjoy!


The "Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson" book review


A princess must find her place in a reborn world.
She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.
The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.
Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.
................................................................................................................

This book was seriously so good! ....I kind of think that I always say that about the books I'm reviewing...well I mean it. It was not a quick read. But I seriously couldn't stop. It neither was an easy read, I have to admit that ,but I like it when books can challenge me. First of all the storyline is amazing. There's a mixture of fantasy, history, mystery and romance and all that together makes such a good book. Also I experienced the biggest plot twist I have ever read about...I completly went bananas. I started screaming and my sibling thought I'm dying of a heart-attack or something. And the plot twist is pretty much at the end, so you don't see it coming at all. So as you may have read in the description: Princess Lia runs away on her wedding day and flees to a village. There she starts an ordinary life as a normal girl and not the princess of the most powerful kingdom in the country. This is why she is one of my favourite characters: Although she is used to a more luxurious life she still works hard to start a new life that is 100% different from the life she has lived before. Also not to spoil you....but there will be a love triangle...again. But this love triangle doesn't annoy me or makes me want to scream at Lia for it. The book is so well written that I seriously don't have anything bad to say about it. I congratulate the author for leaving me speechless many times. Bravo!

5 out of 5 cupcakes



I hope you enjoyed this review! Tell me in the comments if you have read this book and if you did, if you also got blown away by a hidden plot twist! 
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment