Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Vampire Academy book review

This book is not on the TBR list of this month, but I can explain: I often go to the library, who am I kidding? I practically live there. So every time I went there I would look for the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. And every time I looked for it, most of the book were gone. So last week I finally got my hands on them! I was actually planning to read the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout , but now I started reading this series....and I can't and won't stop. My TBR list keeps getting longer and longer. I have so many books I want to read but I can't read two or three books at the same time. And now especially being stuck in school again I won't be able to read as many books as I wanted to read. Enough whining around...let me present you my book review 


The "Vampire Academy "book review by Richelle Mead

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.
After two years of freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, a school for vampire royalty and their guardians-to-be, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. But inside the iron gates, life is even more fraught with danger . . . and the Strigoi are always close by.
Rose and Lissa must navigate their dangerous world, confront the temptations of forbidden love, and never once let their guard down, lest the evil undead make Lissa one of them forever . . .
................................................................................................................

Yes I have not read the series. I know I'm ashamed of myself, let's carry on. I actually first heard of this book series when I saw the movie adaptation of the first book. Great job Anna! Let's start with the covers. I'm sorry but I completly hate them. Every single book of this series has a face on it. And I don't like this face. I only read this book in public when I was sure that nobody could see the cover. One time on my bus-ride back home I forgot to cover it and an old lady noticed it and she looked at me like I was reading Fifty Shades of Grey in public. But never mind, you should never judge a book by its cover. Although I have spoiled myself with the movie, I enjoyed to "re-read" the story. And as always , the book was better than the movie. Although I kind of think that the actors of the movie definitely match to the characters in the book. The books are in the genre of young adult fiction. Many will say that it probably will be another vampire story with sparkling Edwards(no offence) but trust me:it will give you an entirely new perspective of the vampire world. Also there's this touch of humor that will make you fall in love with Rose , the protector of Lissa. She is so bad-ass and she has a great-sense of humor (even in situations, that seem to serious to laugh about) she's a rebel, but she would give her life to save Lissa. She seems to be way ahead of her time. Then there's Dimitri. He is seven years older than Rose is and he is her mentor. Rose and Dimitri soon discover their feelings for eachother. But they know they can never be together....This tore me apart....but I still ship them. Go Team Romitri and of course Lissa and Christian ....I love them so much. And I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

4.5 out of 5 cupcakes 

I hope you enjoyed the reviews of today. See ya next week my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment