Saturday, March 26, 2016

Snow like Ashes review

I'm posting this on a Saturday because I won't have time tomorrow. I hope you enjoy!



The" Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch "book review


Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.
Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.
So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.
 
...............................................................................................................

Ok so where do I start.....Let's talk about the cover first...which is obviously soooo beautiful. When I started getting deeper into the book the cover really made sense. First I thought : Uhhhh pretty ...but why a yin and yang symbol....but 10 or 20 pages into the book I got it(no spoilers).. There are 8 kingdoms in Premoria ( the place where this story takes place) . They are divided into 4 kingdoms. The Seasons and the Rhythms. They each are magical only because of one Season. Winter. It lies directly on a magical "spring". The Kingdoms didn't like the fact that Winter had so much power so Spring tore Winter apart and killed each and every one of the Winterians or made them slaves......Except for one little group of Winterians who haven't given up their hopes quite yet to get back Winter. The main character Meira is also part of this group like her best-friend and future-king Mather. Meira is such a kick-ass girl. She is smart,pretty and is a really good assasin.I instinctly liked her. Also her past isn't really easy to bear but she has still managed to become this strong young woman!
  So this little group tries to save their kingdom...and let me tell you : It will get interesting! I liked the book but I kind of started reading it with very high-expectations and I got a bit disappointed. But that was my fault , I shouldn't have had so high expectations. Some parts just took a bit longer then I wanted them to take, and I was a bit bored, but the second boredom kicked in ,the action started and I was back on track! There were two plot twists in the book for me. The first one I kind of saw coming...but the second one...Oh my god...I couldn't continue reading for at least five whole minutes..which is a lot when you are engrossed in a good book. Also there will be a love triangle...but I don't know who to ship Heeeeeellllpppp ...if you have read this book let me know who you ship ..maybe you can help me!
It was a really nice read and I would like to read the next books in the series. :)

3.5 out of 5 cupcakes



So this was the only review for today. I read two more books this week. But one of them was a classic, which I did not like at all and the other one was a German book that I haven't found translated into English yet. But it was soooooo good. Translated it's called The pages of the world-(Die Seiten der Erde) by Kai Meyer. It was honestly such a good book..mostly because it was a book about books. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I couldn't stop reading and this was one of the books that showed me why I read. It gives you this warm feeling when you open the part where you left off. It would be great if it's translated into English soon! Have a lovely weekend my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment